Do you want to give back to your ecosystem? Do you have the skills and expertise to lend a hand to others?
If you believe in #GiveFirst and want to join Team Moreton Bay to help realise the potential of the region, perhaps you're 'Moreton Mentor' material.
Innovate Moreton Bay is continuously recruiting mentors year-round to help us deliver programs and initiatives for Moreton Bay Region's Innovation ecosystem.
Moreton Mentors are leaders of their field and want to give back to their community.
As a valued Moreton Mentor, you have the opportunity to:
- Share your knowledge about your industry/profession based on your own experiences
- Help a newcomer in your field put their skills and experience to work for a Moreton Bay Region business or company
- Motivate and support a skilled newcomer to realise their full potential
- Engage with school mentoring programs and inspire the next generation
In return, you will benefit from:
- Developing your own mentoring, communication and leadership skills
- Enhancing your cross-cultural competence by working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Improving your understanding of the issues and barriers experienced by newcomers in Moreton Bay Region
- Networking opportunities with other likeminded individuals and mentors
Moreton Bay Regional Council Mayor's Telstra Innovation
Council is proud to partner with Telstra to deliver the 2022 Mayor’s Telstra Innovation Awards (MTIA) for students in years 9-12 at a school in the Moreton Bay Regional Council Local Government Area.
We're looking for mentors that can help ignite students' imaginations and give them the confidence to take the plunge into an exciting future.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please complete the Moreton Mentor EOI form below, or contact Moreton Bay Regional Council's project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moreton Mentor EOI Form